1. What place does Lviv take after Kyiv?
2. When was Lviv founded?
3. What is the area of the city?
4. What are the most imposing parts of the city?
5. What is the oldest monument in Lviv?
6. Are there many churches in Lviv?
1. Where did Hrushevsky study?
2. What did he found in 1898?
3. What were his works about?
4. When did his political activity begin?
5. When was he arrested?
6. What was his activity in 1919?
7. Why was he criticized?
1. What was M. Drahomanov?
2. Where did he study?
3. Where did he work in 1873?
4. Why did he settle in Geneva?
5. What was his field of scholar work?
6. What were his ideas about socialism?
1. What was B. Khmelnytsky?
2. What was his first military action?
3. What did he attain in 1637?
4. What did he do in 1638?
5. Why did King Vladyslav turn to him?
6. What did Czaplinski do with Subotiv?
7. What event marked the beginning of a new Cossack uprising?
8. What was the role of Bohdan Khmelnytsky in the revolt?
1. Who was Yaroslav’s father?
2. How did he gain the throne?
3. How did he fortify the southern frontier?
4. Why did Yaroslav initiate construction of St Sophia’s Cathedral?
5. What did he do to strengthen his power?
6. How did he divide the power among his sons?
1. When was Vladymyr the Great bom?
2. How did he become the grand prince of Kyiv Rus?
3. What did he do during his reign?
4. Why did he introduce Christianity?
5. What did the Christianization give to Kyiv Rus?
6. Which sons challenged Vladymyr’s rule?
1. What did ancient people worship?
2. When did Prince Vladymyr impose Christianity in Kyiv Rus?
3. What churches in Ukraine do you know?
4. Is church separated from the state?
5. How did the independence of Ukraine influence the religion?
1. How can you get to Andriyivsky Descent?
2. What streets are there near Andriyivsky Descent?
3. What is the Historical Museum famous for?
4. Where can we find traditional Ukrainian crafts and art?
5. Who designed St Andrew’s Cathedral?
6. Who lived in the house No 13 Andriyivsky Uzviz?
1. What is Khreshchatik like?
2. What is there at European Square?
3. What is there in the Museum of Ukrainian Fine Arts?
4. Where is the National Parliamentary Library of Ukraine situated?
5. What is the peculiarity of the Lesya Ukrainka Russian Drama Theatre?
6. What is the Taras Shevchenko National Opera famous for?
1. Where is St Sophia’s Cathedral situated?
2. What is it today?
3. Who built this Cathedral?
4. How was it used in ancient times?
5. What is there behind the Cathedral?
6. What is there on the left from the Cathedral?
1. What city is the capital of Ukraine?
2. What is Kiev famous for?
3. What is the population of Kiev?
4. What historic places are there in Kiev?
5. What monuments are there in Kiev?
6. What is the widest and most beautiful street in Kiev?
1. Are there many rivers in Ukraine?
2. What is their role?
3. What is the third longest river in Europe?
4. What are the seas of Ukraine?
5. What are the important Ukrainian seaports?
6. Where are the scarcest water resources situated?
1. Is Ukrainian spoken throughout the territory of Ukraine?
2. What group does the Ukrainian language belong?
3. What dialects represent Ukrainian?
4. What dialect is the standard language built on?
5. Was the role of Ukrainian restricted?
6. What was the language of government?
7. What law gave Ukrainian official status?
1. Where did the first settlements appear on the territory of Ukraine?
2. When did feudal relations develop over the Eastern Europe?
3. When was Christianity adopted in Kyiv Rus’?
4. Into what kingdoms did the Kyiv Rus’ disintegrate?
5. When did Zaporozh cossacks form their state?
6. When was independent Ukraine formed as a sovereign state?
1. How was the territory of Ukraine settled in the 19,h century?
2. What is the average population density today?
3. What nationalities inhabit Ukraine?
4. What do Ukrainian villages look like?
5. Are there Ukrainians living outside Ukraine?